In this class, we aim to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Recipe and demo for a chocolate mudcake suitable for fondant. The cake you will work on in class will be pre-baked for you to save time. We will tackle the tricky tube cake with sharp corners
- Recipe and demo for Chocolate ganache – the best medium underneath fondant in our weather and the best kept secret to a professional finish to your fondant cakes
- Basic fondant handling and techniques to applying fondant to your cubic cake to achieve the smooth finish and sharp edges. We will use commercially prepared fondant in class.
- Introduction to homemade edible glitter in any colours!
- Work with stencil designs
- Sculpting a 3D standing ballerina slipper
- Glam up your masterpiece with lustre dust